Top Seven Tips to Car Care
Your vehicle is your investment, and you want to keep it on the road and as long-lasting as possible. If you live in the Wheat Ridge, CO area, you know that the extreme weather can take a toll on your vehicle. Here are some tips to help take care of your car.
1. Check the oil on a regular basis and have the oil and oil filter changed as indicated.
2. Have the cooling system flushed and the coolant changed annually to prevent corrosion and deposits from forming in the system.
3. Refer to the owner’s manual for service intervals for the transmission and differential oils. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, be sure to use the proper oil type and viscosity.
4. Keep your vehicle clean, which can seem unnecessary, but it’s important to keep the underside clean and to get the winter road salt or chemicals off the car. To maintain the paint job, it’s best to wax it every six months.
5. Protect the interior plastic and vinyl parts by parking in the shade when possible, using a sun visor, and applying protectant to keep it from drying out.
6. The driveline and all moving parts need lubrication to function properly and maintain their life.
7. Brake fluid attracts moisture, and that means it can lead to corrosion and brake failure. It’s best to bleed the system and replace the fluid once a year.
CO Insurance Specialist
For over 30 years, CO Insurance Specialist have been helping people in the Wheat Ridge, CO area with insurance needs. When it comes to auto insurance, we have the experience and expertise to help you find the right policy to fit your needs. Contact an Insurance Specialist agent today.